Grounding from China!

sima66

Re: Grounding from China!

Post by sima66 »

tony wrote:Head explodes with all the links and options! Ok Adam you are suggesting silver wire for the cables. How thick? Please Please suggest thin one is the best:) Cotton wrap/Teflon? The Tellus has copper stuff inside so my thinking would be the black coal and some chunk of copper that magically touches the coal or is buried in it. Problem is the entreq team have tried all the options but maybe Adam's route will get a big lift without too much testing. Thing is the intona usb isolator made a very noticeable difference a bit like Linear supply initially.
For real Tony?!
How many times I wrote, I should make WD and just copy/paste!

gauge 18 silver/Teflon solid core.....gauge 18 silver/Teflon solid core.....gauge 18 silver/Teflon solid core.....gauge 18 silver/Teflon solid core....

I choose that one because that's the one what Entreq use.
Never tried different gauges with pure silver, but I believe that thicker will be better
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
tony

Post by tony »

Ok Adam starting to make the connection. The posts in the regenerator thread explained the wire/cotton and teflon. Got it!
And previously you had done the extra earthing with thick copper wire and big earth rods when the wife was away.
Head exploding was the introduction or suggestion of Litz wire and a variety of other options. Silver wire with wrapping seems the route. The thickness is 18gauge which if my conversion tables are working right is very small. Less than 1mm.

Your external earthing is just for the tellus and is also taking ground cables from the chassis of your components?

Saw Seb had advised he was due to get some Entreq some. Wonder has he worked up the courage:)

Mark I think or Marlborough from the UK maybe a suggestion around shielding the cables and I don't think anybody picked up on it.
He posted on the regenerator thread.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

tony wrote:Ok Adam starting to make the connection. The posts in the regenerator thread explained the wire/cotton and teflon. Got it!
And previously you had done the extra earthing with thick copper wire and big earth rods when the wife was away.
Head exploding was the introduction or suggestion of Litz wire and a variety of other options. Silver wire with wrapping seems the route. The thickness is 18gauge which if my conversion tables are working right is very small. Less than 1mm.

Your external earthing is just for the tellus and is also taking ground cables from the chassis of your components?

Saw Seb had advised he was due to get some Entreq some. Wonder has he worked up the courage:)

Mark I think or Marlborough from the UK maybe a suggestion around shielding the cables and I don't think anybody picked up on it.
He posted on the regenerator thread.
Separate ground it's connected to Tellus and from Tellus (with silver wires) to chassis of the components.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
sima66

Post by sima66 »

One of the layers of my music stand is made of half inch aluminium.
Grounding (earthing) each layer(shelf) make also a nice improvement.
I guess preventing the EMI-RFI cross-contamination?!

sima66

Post by sima66 »

tony

Post by tony »

sima66 wrote:Another option for grounding:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tweak ... ines-fl--3
Very nice build quality and I see it has very low mileage. Have you found anybody yet Adam who has hacked one open:)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
giant haystacks

Post by giant haystacks »

i was wondering if we done a box containing the precious earth metals that are in cat converter in car exhaust
i have seen these opened it is like a dust sand type consistancy some cars have really valuable cat and they are found in common enough old peugeot citeron renault volvo -this is bound to be an excellent idea for car audio
i have got 1 cat here we could gather up a couple
sima66

Post by sima66 »

tony wrote:
sima66 wrote:Another option for grounding:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tweak ... ines-fl--3
Very nice build quality and I see it has very low mileage. Have you found anybody yet Adam who has hacked one open:)
I guess that nobody want to open the box from African Bubinga wood with a 14-layer of a luxurious varnish finish (they carefully count them.....the 15-th layer gives the opposite effect).

This is a completely different beast than Etreq and works differently.
It's active grounding.
People claim that it's a "transformation of the system" and "that is worth every penny".......of course if you can afford it!
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Tripoint Emperor Ground Box at 500 lbs and $70,000
http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/07/tr ... x-new.html

Tripoint Thor Master Reference SE Ground cable ($5,500)
http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/08/tr ... rence.html

They will easily transform the $5,000 system in $155,000 system......money-wise!
tony

Post by tony »

Crazy stuff irrelevant what it does at that price I am afraid. Certainly as piece of furniture it looks very pretty. Certainly a woman wouldn't mind a jewellery box that size and would be even prepared to share it with the hifi enthusiast once it was filled with the correct metals.