Mint Jazz LPs from 50s and 60s

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
willsandbills

Mint Jazz LPs from 50s and 60s

Post by willsandbills »

SEE MY REPLY BELOW FOR A CHANGE IN PLAN.

A friend has been left a sizeable collection of what seem to me to be mint LPs. They are all Jazz and he only wants to sell in one lot. Im happy to pass on his number to any interested party and you can take it from there. If I was a Jazz fan i would snap these up just because of the condition. The person who owned them and has passed away had serious Hi FI like Kondo etc so im sure there are some gems in there.
An example of the artists are below ( excuse any spelling mistakes pls) I believe there are 200 or more albums as I only looked at one box.
Coleman Hawkins
Dizzy Gillespie
Jo Jones
Ben Webster
J R monterose 1959
Zoot sims
Louis Bellson
Quincy Jones ( 1961)
Milt Hinton
Bud Shank
Don Byas
Buddy tate
Bill coleman
Edgar Samson
Bill Holman
Charlie Barnet
Last edited by willsandbills on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerry D

Re: Mint Jazz LPs from 50s and 60s

Post by Gerry D »

Hi Will
I'd love to get more info in this.
Would you pass on contact details or whatever you think is best?
Cheers
Gerry
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
Thinkfloyd

Post by Thinkfloyd »

Would also love to find out more. Huge fan of jazz and struggle to find decent second hand in Ireland.
willsandbills

Post by willsandbills »

thanks to you both for the replies, the seller has had a change of mind and has asked me to go through them individually and list them for sale .
I agreed to do that so ill email you a full list of titles when I have it done. Prob be a couple of weeks.
sorry about that, but you will be the first to see the list when done. Im no expert but ill list album name. date , the code on the album and condition as best I can determine. But from the few I looked at they seem superb.
Thinkfloyd

Post by Thinkfloyd »

Even better, thanks!
Thinkfloyd

Post by Thinkfloyd »

Hi Willsandbills, did you ever get around to making a list of these?