Meet up, presentation kind of ...

Ken Moreland

Re: Meet up, presentation kind of ...

Post by Ken Moreland »

The track with the stunning bass that Georgi played was by The O-ZONE Percussion Grup and was called Jazz Variants , it's available on Tidal and other sources.
Worth a listen.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Thanks for the kind words again Ken.
I only put that track to present what the speakers are capable of, and I think they do the job very good.
Otherwise, they are very calm and sensitive speakers, but not without the proper gear behind. :)
I like the DACs your brought with you, will have to do some readings now.
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Just want to thank to Nigel, Tony and Pearse for the very, very enjoyable visit and hope we can do more often meet ups like that.
Thanks again.
tony

Post by tony »

Thanks to Georgi great day. Those speakers are a must hear. Fantastic soundstage and bass control. Detail and body all there for me. Finish on them is really excellent. The Pass labs power amp is a thing of beauty. Home made also but so good I thought it was a commercial amp. Georgi has a multibit dac on the way shortly will be very interested in hearing that.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Ya it was a very enjoyable day alright and those speakers really won me over in the bass department.
That top ported design really showed how well they could handle bass and allow lots of flexibility in placement in a room.

Even in the looks department they were top class looking like the best from Sonus Faber, amazing craftsmanship there.
Thanks for a very relaxed and memorable day Georgi.

Post by nige2000 »

Very enjoyable day
Speakers are a must to see and hear especially for those into diy the finish is superb and sound is exceptional
I had brought my open baffles too and they didn't have as good of clarity or focus

Might give me enthusiasm to improve the ob

Anyway thanks Georgi for having us
Great evening
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Looks like everyone so far was highly impressed with Georgi's fabulous speakers. The bass control was second to none, I'm sure the walls were shaking and I expected the neighbours to kick the door down.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Guys, thanks for the good words again. The guy who is responsible for your good reviews is very happy as well.

Just, when I'm reading your posts, looks like the speakers are very bass heavy, but in fearness they are not /I mean there is enough/, maybe the music I put was a bit bass heavy for more dramatic effect. :)
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

I don't think they're bass heavy. Lots of speakers have excellent treble and mids (including yours) but most don't have such a deep bass capability, that was the standout point for me.