Wanted: CD Transport or CD player with S/PDIF out

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Claus

Wanted: CD Transport or CD player with S/PDIF out

Post by Claus »

Hi friends!
I am looking for a CD Transport or player with S/PDIF out. Nothing fancy, and preferably nothing too huge.
Budget around Euro 500.

Something like a small Pro-ject, Denon, Teac etc.
Thanks,
Claus
Piotr

Re: Wanted: CD Transport or CD player with S/PDIF out

Post by Piotr »

Hey . I have a great cd player for sale Denon Dcd 1510 AE . Text me pm if u are interested.
Piotr
james

Post by james »

I have been looking at getting a CD transport to replace a Marantz CD-63 (if I can't fix it) and Richer Sounds have two under 500Euros -- Audiolab and Cambridge Audio.
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
cybot

Post by cybot »

james wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:17 am I have been looking at getting a CD transport to replace a Marantz CD-63 (if I can't fix it) and Richer Sounds have two under 500Euros -- Audiolab and Cambridge Audio.

I have that very same Audiolab CDT. My first toe dip into the murky waters of digital after nearly 25 years. It's only magnificent. What a price! Richer Sounds level of knowledge and care shocked me too. Enjoy the review 😊

https://theaudiophileman.com/6000cdt-cd ... -audiolab/
james

Post by james »

"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
cybot

Post by cybot »

Thanks for that!
Claus

Post by Claus »

Brilliant! Thanks a million, friends! I was actually one click away from just ordering the Audiolab.👍😂
I just thought I'd see if anything was stored away in the attics of the members looking for a good home.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Claus wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:28 pm Brilliant! Thanks a million, friends! I was actually one click away from just ordering the Audiolab.👍😂
I just thought I'd see if anything was stored away in the attics of the members looking for a good home.
Way to go Claus! What DAC have you settled on?
Claus

Post by Claus »

DAC is part of the package I went for with the Buchardt A500 speakers. So potentially selling my Chord Hugo (1st. Gen.) unless I keep it for portable duty.... :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Claus wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:27 pm DAC is part of the package I went for with the Buchardt A500 speakers. So potentially selling my Chord Hugo (1st. Gen.) unless I keep it for portable duty.... :)
Ah right! So much to look forward to. Enjoy!