Recent Viewing

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
fergus

Recent Viewing

Post by fergus »

Last night “it was decided” that I was going to watch this ....

I said to myself “no, not another film about wayward priests etc.”
But I need not have worried....this was one excellent film. Starring Meryl Streep, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams it is a film that contains no sex, violence, high thrills action, car chases or special effects but simply superb character acting and a very real life situation that develops at its own pace.
I thoroughly enjoyed it.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Recent Viewing

Post by Fran »

Phillip Seymour Hoffman was also excellent in:

I thought it was a great character study film and enjoyed it a lot. Great cinematography.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I have owned Capote on DVD for several years now, and I've still never watched it. I love Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:I have owned Capote on DVD for several years now, and I've still never watched it. I love Philip Seymour Hoffman.
It's a great movie alright. Read "In Cold Blood" beforehand to get another perspective on the same story.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
BonnieBilly

Post by BonnieBilly »

Watched 'The Road' the last week. My god it was a depressing film. Loved the music (cheers Nick) but just wanted them to die halfway through the film.

Finally got around to watching 'The Time Traveller's Wife' (read the book years ago and loved it). Was really good. some bits changed but end result was still a very well structured film for what I had thoguht could easily be made a mess of. Highly recommend it. And got some kudos with the missus as it's a bit of a lovey dovey film.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Hi Chaps,

I watched "Inglorious Bastrds" at the weekend. Long time since I saw a film by Q Tarantino. The film was not exactly my cup of tea, I would class it as a bit silly really. However it was another film crossed of the list.

Adrian
Let the Good Times Roll...................
fergus

Post by fergus »

Adrian wrote:Hi Chaps,

I watched "Inglorious Bastrds" at the weekend. Long time since I saw a film by Q Tarantino. The film was not exactly my cup of tea, I would class it as a bit silly really. However it was another film crossed of the list.

Adrian
My daughter has that on her Wish List and will be buying it soon....I look forward to it with interest?!?!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
b318isp

Post by b318isp »

I couple of good ones recently:

1. Up - Pixar/Disney that is as good for adults as kids, possibly their greatest film since Toy Story!
2. District 19 - An unusual take on the usual alien story, and for this alone, it makes it worthwhile.
3. Hangover - Great lads film. If you read the back cover, you might put it down, but a good rolic.
4. Moon - Quite a few references to 2001 A Space Odyssey, and very similar in style. A quite simple story carried off with the minimum of complexity.

Avoid:
2012 - OTT drivel, the worst that Hollywood can turn out.
k99_64

Post by k99_64 »

The road. Its excellent with some genuinely scary moments in it

Quite depressing as well tbh.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Just finished watching the "Moon".

I did enjoy it as it was one of those "out there films". Definitely different and completed on a shoe string budget, but the plot was a bit simple.

However every so often one of these films comes along. Anybody remember the film "Cube"? Another "out there film".

Thanks for the recommendation B318isp!!

Regards Adrian.
Let the Good Times Roll...................