New Music Weekend Dublin [6-9 march 2014]

james

New Music Weekend Dublin [6-9 march 2014]

Post by james »

"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Diapason

Re: New Music Weekend Dublin [6-9 march 2014]

Post by Diapason »

Yes, I got a glimpse of the piano part for Chevaux de Frise last week and, well, it looks incredibly demanding. I'm tempted to pop along to that concert (Sunday 3pm) as a consequence, because I find this stuff bizarrely fascinating.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Post by Seán »

Thanks for that James.

On Sunday I expect that I will be in the Hugh Lane for a concert by the wonderful Brian MacNamara and Keith Pascoe.
Brian Macnamara (piano) and Keith Pascoe (violin) continue their exploration of the complete sonatas of Mozart and Beethoven Sonatas for Piano and Violin:
Changing Perspectives Programme 5:
Mozart Sonata KV309 in E flat;
Beethoven Op. 30 No. 2 in c minor
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
james

Post by james »

Hi Sean,
I'd love to go to all of the stuff but I am busy that weekend [and working in the daytime Thurs/Fri] .. also some of the concerts start quite late so it would mean a taxi home. But at least I am going to one concert namely the Kraftwerk tribute .. who konws ? Also I might book for the deconstructed Beethoven 7th [my favourite LudVan symphony]. But in principle I like to go to new music concerts to discover new stuff !!
James
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]