What's in the box?

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
cybot

Re: What's in the box?

Post by cybot »

Fran wrote:Lovely Dermot, just lovely. Many happy hours of enjoyment for you....
Thanks Fran. I'm over the moon with it. Every half hour I sneak back in to have a look at it :)
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

cybot wrote:Every half hour I sneak back in to have a look at it :)
Love that feeling when you get a nice bit of kit.....many happy hours of listening and looking!!
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by cybot »

Sligolad wrote:
cybot wrote:Every half hour I sneak back in to have a look at it :)
Love that feeling when you get a nice bit of kit.....many happy hours of listening and looking!!
Cheers, Pearse.
Thanks Pearse :) I've just remembered....how are you getting on with your equally gorgeous VPI Scout?
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Not hearing much out of it recently Dermot, bought a Denon 304 cartridge second hand recently and I definitely now need a SUT for it.
Bought 2 Sowther SUT's in the last week so trying to figure out now how best to wire them in, taken a bit of a DIY approach with no real knowledge of what I am doing but that is the way I have been going all my life so why stop now!!

Hopefully in the coming weeks I can figure it all out and get the turntable spinning again and see where we are now with Computer Audio versus Vinyl :-))

Post by cybot »

Sligolad wrote:Not hearing much out of it recently Dermot, bought a Denon 304 cartridge second hand recently and I definitely now need a SUT for it.
Bought 2 Sowther SUT's in the last week so trying to figure out now how best to wire them in, taken a bit of a DIY approach with no real knowledge of what I am doing but that is the way I have been going all my life so why stop now!!

Hopefully in the coming weeks I can figure it all out and get the turntable spinning again and see where we are now with Computer Audio versus Vinyl :-))

Let the battle commence ;)
terrybites

Post by terrybites »

cybot wrote:
Sligolad wrote:Not hearing much out of it recently Dermot, bought a Denon 304 cartridge second hand recently and I definitely now need a SUT for it.

Let the battle commence ;)
Hi Pearse,

I have a Rothwell MCL SUT ready to plug and play. You're welcome to try it if you like.

Terry
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

You vary the resistor across the secondaries Pearse to load the cartridge appropriately....

Have a look here:

http://www.kandkaudio.com/mccartsetup.html

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

terrybites wrote:
Hi Pearse,

I have a Rothwell MCL SUT ready to plug and play. You're welcome to try it if you like.

Terry
Hi Terry, would definitely be interested in trying it out, will PM my details and arrange for pickup.
Thanks for the offer.
Cheers,
Pearse.

Post by Sligolad »

Fran wrote:You vary the resistor across the secondaries Pearse to load the cartridge appropriately....

Have a look here:

http://www.kandkaudio.com/mccartsetup.html

Fran
Thanks Fran, looks like I need to do some more study and that site looks like a good start.
I am hoping to order a new cartridge cable from VPI in the US next week with the plug on the end which I can use to prepare for breaking in to the existing wiring on the TT. They were stocktaking this week so hopefully I can get an order in next week and begin preparing for some DIY in the coming weeks.
Hope I do not need resistors but if I do it should not be a big deal.

If the SUT from Terry works well then the project may go on hold for a while!!
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:
tweber wrote:
Ivor wrote:It's lovely Dermot, and it's putting ideas in my head! May it give you decades of listening pleasure.
Me too Ivor!

:)))))

how has it been since Dermot? The speed control on my old Roksan has given up the ghost so it might be time to replace. I have a Mitchel techno arm so it should fit like a Rega.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable