Tower Dublin pulling out all the stops.....

Seán

Re: Tower Dublin pulling out all the stops.....

Post by Seán »

I dearly would like to love Tower Records, I used to, but I don't, I can't. On the few occasions I visited the Jazz & Classical section the horrible nose emanating from the adjacent departments made it a less than rewarding experience. The Cloney guy found it too intrusive too.

I can shop on amazon in the comfort of my man cave listen to what I want to and not have my senses assaulted by noise pollution.

I hope they cop on and do something about it.

I wish them well.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Heh, I've just dropped the sub I had borrowed back to the shop. I think it's been earmarked for this event!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
terrybites

Post by terrybites »

Seán wrote:On the few occasions I visited the Jazz & Classical section the horrible nose emanating from the adjacent departments made it a less than rewarding experience.
Agreed Seán, horrible noses have no place in Tower Records.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Funny you should say that lads because I miss the old Tower.....a lot :( Not because of the 'noise' but because of the layout/lighting/ambience. It's just not the same. I honestly cannot pick a specific reason why except to say that 'my' vinyl section is just full to the brim with very tightly packed Lps. It's a nuisance trying to navigate these! As for the 'drawers'? Nice idea but NO!

But.....fair play to them for making an effort in promoting the new Zep releases. Remember the Floyed experience with the flashing gizmo back in the Virgin days :)