MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Sligolad

Re: MQN

Post by Sligolad »

tony wrote: MQn for everything except DSD I might be a bit presumptious maybe Pearse would prefer use VLC!
You know me Tony, no boundaries....if anyone wants to bring along any hardware or software just jump in, i should have space in the van for additional gear.
I will bring along an additional OS SSD so yourself, Seb or Nige can stick on anything you like on to it to run during the day.
Will be happy to hand everything over to you guys for as long as you like during the day to experiment with while i ramble round.......
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by rickmcinnis »

With the latest versions the command screen is supposed to go away? Right?
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

rickmcinnis wrote:With the latest versions the command screen is supposed to go away? Right?
+1
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
Fujak

Post by Fujak »

rickmcinnis wrote:With the latest versions the command screen is supposed to go away? Right?
Have a look: viewtopic.php?p=67150#p67150
PC: i5, 8GB RAM, SSD, WS 2012 R2 (64bit) RAM loaded, AO | DDC: XMOS-WaveIO
10MHz-Master-Clock: Morion MV89 | Reclocker-Cascade: 3x Mutec MC-3+ | DAC: Audio-GD Master 7
Preamp: Audio-GD Master 1 | Speaker: Adam Tensor Epsilon | Sub: Teufel M11000 THX II
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

Fujak wrote:
Have a look: viewtopic.php?p=67150#p67150
I worried that I had asked this before.

Please excuse my laziness!
Fujak

Post by Fujak »

Hi rickmcinnis,
no problem, don't worry about. Look, this thread has accumulated 650 pages in the meantime. Who could read them all in search of a certain information that probably might already exist? Kind regards - Fujak
PC: i5, 8GB RAM, SSD, WS 2012 R2 (64bit) RAM loaded, AO | DDC: XMOS-WaveIO
10MHz-Master-Clock: Morion MV89 | Reclocker-Cascade: 3x Mutec MC-3+ | DAC: Audio-GD Master 7
Preamp: Audio-GD Master 1 | Speaker: Adam Tensor Epsilon | Sub: Teufel M11000 THX II
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

Fujak wrote:Hi rickmcinnis,
no problem, don't worry about. Look, this thread has accumulated 650 pages in the meantime. Who could read them all in search of a certain information that probably might already exist? Kind regards - Fujak
Well, if it wasn't just a few pages back I could be excused ...

I have read through all of the pages. Wish I had taken notes!

Thanks!
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

just had a nasty experience playing 16/44 and dsd64/dsd128 using jrmc, I would be embarrassed if I produced sound quality like that.

Anyway the purpose was to hear dsd and I'm a bit underwhelmed, 16/44 in mqn sounds much better, to me. dsd sounds like it's going through the motions, maybe that's because it was played via jrmc.

Is everyone else getting exclusive use of the device when using mqn, I'm able to alter the volume from the computer and start up other tracks while others are still playing which is a bit worrying as should be exclusive.

shall try another device, might be win 10. had same behaviour using jrmc and playwinpcm.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:just had a nasty experience playing 16/44 and dsd64/dsd128 using jrmc, I would be embarrassed if I produced sound quality like that.

Anyway the purpose was to hear dsd and I'm a bit underwhelmed, 16/44 in mqn sounds much better, to me. dsd sounds like it's going through the motions, maybe that's because it was played via jrmc.

Is everyone else getting exclusive use of the device when using mqn, I'm able to alter the volume from the computer and start up other tracks while others are still playing which is a bit worrying as should be exclusive.

shall try another device, might be win 10. had same behaviour using jrmc and playwinpcm.
Using Win2012R2

JRiver, bitstreaming DSD over asio, pushes MQN away if mqn was already playing.
If JRiver was already playing, MQn doesn't get the device.
Maybe due to combi of ASIO and KS?
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

I recently acquired a copy of Jazz at the Pawnshop in DSD 128 (DoP)and compared it with MQN (latest versions) playing the 16bit version. I used JPlay KS Ultrastream DirectLink SinglePC. The 16bit version was fine and everything sounding excellent but IMHO the DSD128 version was superior , not a lot in it though. Worth a try on JPlay . There are a lot of variables in JRiver such as buffers etc.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers