So this where you are all hiding...Cloney Show anyone going?

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Claus

So this where you are all hiding...Cloney Show anyone going?

Post by Claus »

Great to be back on the forum again! Been checking Cloney for ages with no luck. Then I found a post on boards.ie about this place. Now I hope my paranoia is unfounded and you are not all gone tomorrow :)

I am still ticking along with my Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista M3 and LFT-8 speakers. I am still hunting for a dac or any CD upgrade, but with two small kids, real listening is a rare luxury.

Great to see lots of the old heads around! And also sad to hear about Lars, whom I don't think I ever met, but he was a great contributor to the old forum, when I was much more active...

Anyone going to the Cloney Show next weekend?
Cheers,
Claus
DaveF

Re: So this where you are all hiding...Cloney Show anyone going?

Post by DaveF »

welcome back Claus. I reckon a few of us will definetly be at the cloney show next weekend. Hoping to be there sometime on the Saturday myself. I was out in Cloneys this morning and they had an absolute sh*tload of equipment ready to sent over to Bewleys in the coming week. The new B&W800D's will be there, probably Kharmas too and they had just got in a new pair of Meridian DSP8000 active speakers that are around 30k! Those Meridians will form part of the home cinema setup. Another smaller pair of Meridians will take up the rear channel duties.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I'll be there on Saturday as well. Hazel is away for a conference so I've the entire day to kill!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

Welcome back Claus....nice to hear from you again.

I will also be at the Cloney show but not sure which day yet.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Welcome aboard Claus,

Indeed I think somebody was asking about your whereabouts some months ago, on another thread somewhere back in the archives etc

Good to see reinforcements are still turning up.

Once again thanks to the team who set up the forum and continue to maintain it.

Adrian
Let the Good Times Roll...................
cybot

Post by cybot »

Welcome on board Claus :-)))
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Great to have you back Claus. We were looking for ya!!!

When the last forum went down we lost all the PMs so lost contact with many.....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Welcome back Claus, find an armchair and make yourself comfortable.

I'll probably be going to the RDS on the Sunday. Rugby on the Saturday don'tchaknow?
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Claus

Post by Claus »

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! Really liking the new Forum. Well done to those responsible!
I would probably go on the Sunday, but not sure yet...
Got to hear a bit of Tom Waits Big Time last night, so it is not a all that bad ;)

Oh and Sky Arts 1 and 2 HD is a great source with good audio quality I think.... Anyone else agree...?
Claus