The Dublin Audio Show - November 16/17 2019

Cyndale

Re: The Dublin Audio Show - November 16/17 2019

Post by Cyndale »

Kevin wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:58 pm Any idea where I can get more information on this show? Thinking of travelling from Galway. All I have is the notification from Cloney.
Kevin
It's all a big secret, if you ask me!
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I had planned to go tomorrow [Saturday] but that visit will now be on Sunday. Still hoping to see some of my old friends there.......
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I should be at large today around 2pm. If you see a portly, bearded, bespectacled man wandering around please say hello, as there's a sporting chance that will be me. Although at this event, that might describe a few attendees...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

[emoji16][emoji106]Image

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Tubes & Vinyls are making life brighter..
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

Here is a quick movie with some photos I took this morning.
https://youtu.be/GojljWUH_9U[/youtube]

Overall quite a good show with nice rooms.
Only regret would be, IMO, that there was no tube amp in demo.
My very personal opinion:
- Favorite sound: the Kef Blade 2: it had everything, 3D sound, great bass and details.

- Favorite value for money: Kef LS50 amazing quality for the price, details and truly great bass for the size.
And the Spendor D7 for the overall great sound quality.

- Disappointed by: Most of B&W and Focal top range speakers. Great details but IMO, way too analytical and lifeless sound. They look good but not my type of sound.

[URL]https://youtu.be/GojljWUH_9U/[URL]

Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

sdiesel77 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:42 pm Here is a quick movie with some photos I took this morning.
https://youtu.be/GojljWUH_9U[/youtube]

Overall quite a good show with nice rooms.
Only regret would be, IMO, that there was no tube amp in demo.
My very personal opinion:
- Favorite sound: the Kef Blade 2: it had everything, 3D sound, great bass and details.

- Favorite value for money: Kef LS50 amazing quality for the price, details and truly great bass for the size.
And the Spendor D7 for the overall great sound quality.

- Disappointed by: Most of B&W and Focal top range speakers. Great details but IMO, way too analytical and lifeless sound. They look good but not my type of sound.

[URL]https://youtu.be/GojljWUH_9U/[URL]

Thanks for sharing, unfortunately mother-in-law time just clashes with this weekend. Ah well, there is always next time. Anybody selling vinyl there at all?
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

Didn't see any record for sale

hudo

Post by hudo »

No vinyl sale.
Kef sounds nice! And first time b&w is actually good, but only 802 with gryphon amp, the other one with rotel. And Focals kinda disappointed this time, but i think it's because Naim. If they hooked up those Utopias with some Pass or tubes, it would sound completely different.
Will be there tomorrow also, if somebody is for coffee...
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I enjoyed the show, shame about the Nautilus but lots of interesting gear on the go. My tastes have changed a lot over the years I know, and some gear floats my boat more than others, but it's good to see the world of hifi offering vinyl, CD and streaming in almost equal measure here.

Best sound for my taste probably KEF Blades, they have an appealing balance without being overblown. I liked the 802 room with the arc-welder amps, you could have some fun with those. Consistent problem today was the music used for dems making it tricky for me to make solid judgements, but I'm cranky like that, and it's not like my tastes are any more useful for those who don't listen to my stuff, so that's the way it goes. One way or another, 2.5 hours went past very quickly!

Good to see some familiar faces too...
rsz_20191116_163156.jpg
rsz_20191116_163156.jpg (141.44 KiB) Viewed 464 times
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

For those who heard the KEF Blades today....are you sure the Blades were playing as i was led to believe they were not used today??
I did hear the KEF R5's playing which are the black speakers connected in Diapson's pic and they did impress for a pair of speakers at just over 2K.

I was particularly impressed by the little Borresen speakers but more by the Aavik U300 integrated amp with phono and DAC which i discovered later cost about 24K !!!