Tom Waits biopic in the works...

Ivor

Tom Waits biopic in the works...

Post by Ivor »

There's a few fans of Tom around here I know.... ;)

It's not slated for release until 2016 but I hope to be around to see it!

https://www.withguitars.com/ron-perlman ... ch-biopic/
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Derek

Re: Tom Waits biopic in the works...

Post by Derek »

I’m with you on being around to experience it. Is it too soon to book tickets 🙄🙃
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Gussy Finknottle

Post by Gussy Finknottle »

Now that i will have to see.I met him in Tralee i think it was around 2002 and spent a bit of time walkin around the town with him and had a coffee in the snackery cafe
He who dies with the most expensive HiFi wins
Derek

Post by Derek »

✊ respect, I’d love to have a chat over coffee with Kathleen (Tom’s misses) I reckon she has some brilliant stories. Part of my unachievable bucket list.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Gussy Finknottle

He told me that they spent their honeymoon at the Brandon Hotel in Tralee and Kathleens folks are from over the road as you guys in Ireland call it,which could mean any road on the way into Tralee. I did see a youtube clip last year where they both appeared on the Late Late show and i am nearly sure in was in black and white but cant really remember
tweber

Post by tweber »

Gussy Finknottle wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:03 pm He told me that they spent their honeymoon at the Brandon Hotel in Tralee and Kathleens folks are from over the road as you guys in Ireland call it,which could mean any road on the way into Tralee. I did see a youtube clip last year where they both appeared on the Late Late show and i am nearly sure in was in black and white but cant really remember
By coincidence, was looking at the during the week:
Gussy Finknottle

Cool: Any ideas what year that was
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Gussy Finknottle wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:20 am Cool: Any ideas what year that was
It was February 1981.

Gay obviously didn't understand what was going on at all. He likes simple jazz! (he thinks Paddy Cole is jazz) When he got nowhere with Tom he decided to hone in on Kathleen (Kathleen does not like the spotlight and Byrne would have been politely told this beforehand). Anyway you could see Tom's pride as Kathleen spun a yarn as absurd as Tom would when Byrne tried to "normalise" the interview.

Can't miss an opportunity to mention.... about five years ago, and completely out of the blue, I found out I'm actually related to Tom...

Tom's great grandfather was William Waites, he had a niece called Agatha who lived in Kilcolgan Co Galway. Agatha married a local farmer Mikey Mahon, Mikey's youngest sister was Mary and Mary Mahon (RIP) was my mother. Agatha is in her mid eighties now and I was just talking to her daughter the other day, concerned at how she'll survive this horrible Covid-19, But the air is clear over there and her family is all around her. She's a Waites alright!

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Claus

Post by Claus »

That’s the only Aprils fool I have seen this year... but a good one...
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Claus wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:17 pm That’s the only Aprils fool I have seen this year... but a good one...
Well I did have some doubts but most of me wants it to be true.