Is anyone still buying CDs on a regular basis?

Diapason

Is anyone still buying CDs on a regular basis?

Post by Diapason »

It seems that shipped has sailed for me, at least for the time being. Anyone still buying CDs regularly?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Is anyone still buying CDs on a regular basis?

Post by Fran »

Nope. Maybe if someone offered me a bunch 2nd hand at a good price, and I was interested in the contents, I would consider it - but it would be a luxury purchase only.

Can I ask another question - can you still easily buy blank CD-Rs?
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

No, if browsing in a charity shop (usually for vinyl!) I might flick through the CDs and if I see a CD that I already have but it's "an essential" I'll buy it and give it to someone else who might not have it. I'm really just carrying on a tradition my old mate the late Des (of vintage vinyl + shed!) encouraged..
there are still some albums that never came out on vinyl (or not yet anyway) so they would be considered.

Fran, how do you mean "bulk"? I do need to copy a few CDs for my cavemen cousins but I just found 4!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I used to buy from here Fran, still going strong.
https://www.discobianco.com/s01.php?&sp=en&cur=eur&ag=1

Post by Ciaran »

Not as much as I used to, but still some. Here's part of a recent order from jpc.de in Germany (Not Amazon! And also Brexit!!). They arrived in under a week. They charged for delivery (not much) but the total price was less than Amazon, so it worked out cheaper. It was great to hear about the Kuhnau project on Radio 3 and get the CDs so soon afterwards.

But streaming doesn't fill the house with more and more CDs, so I'm trying to decide that some things are fine streamed just once!

By the way, JPC stands for Jazz-Pop-Classic, so they don't just cater for my recherché tastes!
CDsJan21.jpg
CDsJan21.jpg (126.67 KiB) Viewed 494 times
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I was wondering about yourself Ciaran, and your response is as I suspected. I'm glad to see it, to be honest.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Well if I'm not going to collect the Complete Sacred Works of Kuhnau, then who is?
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Well exactly!! :-D
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Ciaran wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:01 pm By the way, JPC stands for Jazz-Pop-Classic, so they don't just cater for my recherché tastes!
I had forgotten that site... long time since I went there but I'll risk a browse later... Thanks!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Mark

Post by Mark »

Not buying CDs on a regular basis as I have most of what I want to listen to however still listening to plenty!