What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
JAW

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by JAW »

Google search is a great resource! I would have had no idea who that was without it, or even who Weejuns is! Welcome back Cybot!
cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:07 pm Google search is a great resource! I would have had no idea who that was without it, or even who Weejuns is! Welcome back Cybot!
Thanks JAW! Welcome back too! It was actually a lame tongue-in-cheek attempt at Guess The Lp :)
Anyway it’s only stunning stuff from a favourite of mine. Hedvig Molestad with yet another project to keep us on our toes.

cybot

Post by cybot »

Fiftieth Anniversary Lp with bonus material added on to a second Lp. This bonus stuff was recorded sometime in ‘23 using the same guitar shown above. A Gibson ES 345 it says here….
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

i came across this on PFM lately and it had been beguiling me since.

Tobago Wruhme - Thora Vukk

.sjb
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:38 am Image

Fiftieth Anniversary Lp with bonus material added on to a second Lp. This bonus stuff was recorded sometime in ‘23 using the same guitar shown above. A Gibson ES 345 it says here….
I'm intrigued, that's some radiator behind him :)
tweber

Post by tweber »

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Tonights listening
Attachments
empty bed blues.JPG
empty bed blues.JPG (37.76 KiB) Viewed 783 times
Do or do not, there is no try
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:29 pm
cybot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:38 am Image

I'm intrigued, that's some radiator behind him :)
Aye it’s a rather huge one all right 😂😂😂😂

Brilliant to see you’re back again keeping us in our toes! As for yer man above I’m not saying anything until JAW explains how he got the one above with nothing to go on but the untitled front cover. Now that is intriguing!
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:34 pm Image
The perfect sleeve for Thomas’ music ;)
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

JAW wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:39 pm Whimsical doesn't even begin to describe it.

I love Kevin Ayers and there are few records I don't have of him. Unfortunately he didn't collect the fame he deserved, but he left a good number of record for those who want to explore his talent (John Peel once said "Kevin Ayers' talent is so acute you could perform major eye surgery with it").

He became close friend with another great unknown musician, Ollie Halsall, and they played together on records and live for many years until the death of Halsall in 1992. Halsall was a phenomenal guitarist, with impressive skills and great taste. Even more impressive was the fact that guitar wasn't his main instrument (he was a xylophone and keyboard player), but was asked to focus on guitar when he became member of Timebox, who already had a keyboard player. The year after, Timebox became Patto and he had already become a master of the 6 strings. The first 2 Patto albums are excellent for both the band's music and his guitar playing.
He was oppressed by bad luck in his life, never reaching the light spot he so badly deserved. So many times he was the right person in the wrong place or at the wrong moment.

After years of distance from the main music market, Ayers had a unexpected comeback with another great record, The Unfairground, in 2007, which demonstrated his songwriting was still intact. But that was his last record before his death in 2013. Now he lies in the graveyard of one of his preferred places, Deja, Mallorca, next to the grave of his closest friend Ollie. I am sure they are playing some great music now somewhere.

Best
Max (spin the black circle)