What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:53 pm
cybot wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:28 pm
tweber wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:40 pm Image
Enjoying this so far!
Villagers, a classy release imho
Wow that’s a beautiful sleeve. Sadly I’ve none of their stuff. Can’t buy everything I’m afraid 😟
Butterflies and the hope they bring...one for L.
He's possibly one of the best Irish songwriters of recent times imho Dermot...Becoming a Jackal is a great starting point if you're interested!
Oh must listen to that track. Jackal too. Thanks Shane!
cybot

Post by cybot »

This one landed on Monday. Thanks to Spindizzy. Double vinyl set that’s taken from the original unedited stereo mix. That means the early fade outs are banished so you get the whole song until the very end. I’m not an out and out fan but when they get it right it’s good. But easy on the wah wah please. The second photo is specifically for Brutus. Who would have known of the connection.

Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

"The second photo is specifically for Brutus. Who would have known of the connection."

Thanks for that. I remember there was a connection between the two, but I thought that was Trower who asked Fripp for guitar lessons. Probably that made more sense in my mind ;-)

Best
Max (spin the black circle)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Brutus1968 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:58 pm "The second photo is specifically for Brutus. Who would have known of the connection."

Thanks for that. I remember there was a connection between the two, but I thought that was Trower who asked Fripp for guitar lessons. Probably that made more sense in my mind ;-)

Best
Now now easy on poor old Robin ;)
JAW

Post by JAW »

Love this, one of his most commercial, but fantastic slide guitar. Never fails to put a smile on my face and to cheer me up. And the Dave Fanning theme, (after/before Another Girl Another Planet?) brings me back to my years of wonder!

cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:05 pm Love this, one of his most commercial, but fantastic slide guitar. Never fails to put a smile on my face and to cheer me up. And the Dave Fanning theme, (after/before Another Girl Another Planet?) brings me back to my years of wonder!

Always loved that DF theme!
cybot

Post by cybot »

These pre-orders landed this morning. Thanks once again to Spindizzy for managing to get their hands on them especially the SR Smith platter. File under Obscure. No point in eulogising about these long time favourites of mine especially Gastr Del Sol featuring the twin barrels that are Jim O’Rourke and David Grubbs. This box set, because that’s what it actually is, has been a long time coming. Obviously it’s not for the casual muso so if you want to check them out start with their other albums including the solo stuff.

For those interested in the cover photo it’s by Roman Signer and it’s titled Haus mit Raketen.

tweber

Post by tweber »

JAW wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:05 pm Love this, one of his most commercial, but fantastic slide guitar. Never fails to put a smile on my face and to cheer me up. And the Dave Fanning theme, (after/before Another Girl Another Planet?) brings me back to my years of wonder!

MTUSA?? Follow Me

Philby is a great song, Rory was totally underrated in the song writing department
cybot

Post by cybot »

“Rory was totally underrated in the song writing department”

Totally in agreement there Shane.
tweber

Post by tweber »

Mr. Weller's still got it. Loving this so far