Grounding from China!

tony

Re: Grounding from China!

Post by tony »

sima66 wrote:
tony wrote:Excellent does this mean Adam is not required to drill out his Entreq box as we have the black coal substance covered.
So we need Nige approve crocodile clips a bag of magnatite and some copper and we are in business.
Hope there is no soldering required!!
Is that magnetite for sure?!

Tony, you'll be surprised how much difference a good ground cable can make!
The only way we can be sure is when you have it examined:(

Does seem US is the only place on ebay that it is available. Maybe another trip to Healy's is required. Correction seems to be available here in powder form, tellingly it is sourced from Sveden https://www.inoxia.co.uk/products/chemi ... ite-powder
I can sort of understand how this might work now and certainly worth investigating. Pity Pearse didn't experiment on the Entreq rather than the Mutec!! Certainly one can consider a pop at it and if failure ensues the coal and box can be burnt. the copper recycled and the crocodile clips could be sold to Nigel
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

jkeny wrote:
sima66 wrote:
tony wrote:Excellent does this mean Adam is not required to drill out his Entreq box as we have the black coal substance covered.
So we need Nige approve crocodile clips a bag of magnatite and some copper and we are in business.
I'm not sure but those pics from the open box
Image do look like the pics of magnetite sand from ebay
Nice discovery John.
Definitely one of the things to keep in mind.......maybe a future project! :)
Of course if Tony didn't discover or make something else! :) :)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote:
sima66 wrote:

The only way we can be sure is when you have it examined:(

Does seem US is the only place on ebay that it is available. Maybe another trip to Healy's is required. Correction seems to be available here in powder form, tellingly it is sourced from Sveden https://www.inoxia.co.uk/products/chemi ... ite-powder
I can sort of understand how this might work now and certainly worth investigating. Pity Pearse didn't experiment on the Entreq rather than the Mutec!! Certainly one can consider a pop at it and if failure ensues the coal and box can be burnt. the copper recycled and the crocodile clips could be sold to Nigel
Good find, Tony
If buying some of that from the UK I would get the natural rather than synthetic version - the fine powder form of the synthetic could be easily inhaled & cause difficulty, I would imagine
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sima66 wrote: Nice discovery John.
Definitely one of the things to keep in mind.......maybe a future project! :)
Of course if Tony didn't discover or make something else! :) :)
It's also confirmed by what is said on the Entreq site
"However, over the years we have learned more about Stay Voltage and we have developed and refined mineral and metal blends so that we currently have three more lines: Silver Tellus/Minimus, Atlantis and Olympus, as well as a large number of various Eartha cables."

So a bit of cheap DIY will show if there is anything to this but I really don't know what their method of operation is supposed to be - some form of reduction in inter-device ground currents, maybe?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

Thanks John it is definitely worth checking out. Sure some day I will do a blind test unknown to you all of course after I have figured out if it works or not.

Will check around to see if it is possible to get it in bigger granules I think the Entreq has larger granules. They probably have some other metal in there.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Just looked into it a bit further & it is their method of reducing "Stray Voltages" not "Stay Voltages" as they say in their blurb. Stray Voltages are a known phenomena of voltage difference between objects that shouldn't have a difference - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stray_voltage

In audio, it's the thing we are constantly battling - ground potentials - the Intona is doing this job through galvanic isolation (keeping the grounds apart) - so it might be interesting to hear if this Entrq approach works in some other ways? It might seem crazy (the pricing certainly does) but a quick & cheap DIY investigation seems warranted.
www.Ciunas.biz
tony

Post by tony »

Agree will check out if I can source larger granules as the Entreq box seems to have larger 'crystals'

Adam what are the special grounding cables used by Entreq. Brief look and I be thinking of using an interconnect?
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

www.Ciunas.biz
panda2rom

Post by panda2rom »

I will firstly apologize for my possible lack of understanding of english.

Euh... let me get this right.
This stuff is to create a separate electrical ground.
So you connect the ground connector of your Hifi plug(s) to this wood box ?

If your ground really suck, well.
Call a guy to redo it !
I mean it's just digging a 1 m deep hole in your garden and putting a cable in it.
In DIY store you should find the real deal if you'd fancy doing it yourself.
Then call a guy to measure if your ground is good.

And that would benefit not only your Hifi.
I mean there are other issues with electricity, but having a good ground is just really important for security purpose, like not dying :)
tony

Post by tony »

No this is not replacing your earth cabling or system in your house. This is a box with this 'stuff' in it and also in the box is copper plate or piping and a few connections on the outside of the box. If you check out the Entreq site it will explain better than me.
So for a pc for instance you would connect from the box into a usb port. For an amp you connect into an unused RCA connector and so on.
Again you could spend pennies or thousands on the cable you use to go from the box to the component.

From the pc audio view point using batteries has shown that any interference in grounds which is DC ground (Please correct me people if I am wrong) This is because of the split up of power supplies to various parts of the PC. So the hope is this stuff really does work and as John pointed out above I think stray ground currents might interfere with SQ.

So you either buy into that view and go off and buy the Entreq units with the required cables or maybe try this out for not too much money.
Basic idea is if a knocked up version does something one has an idea that it might be worth pursuing.

This type of 'tweak' I can manage. Soekris Dac I can't! If you read back through lots of my dodgy posts you will find I always had a bit of an interest in the possibility of this stuff. Just a hunch and a hope really and also Adam's view on this stuff is positive and he only does practical things :)