Plastic CD cases - Free to a good home

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Sloop John B

Plastic CD cases - Free to a good home

Post by Sloop John B »

I don't know if these are of interest to anyone and at least they are recyclable, but I have a shed load of CD cases due to downsizing my collection into plastic wallets.

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

.sjb
Gussy Finknottle

Re: Plastic CD cases - Free to a good home

Post by Gussy Finknottle »

are you in Dublin ?
He who dies with the most expensive HiFi wins
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

I am.

Templeogue.

.sjb
bod

Post by bod »

I made the mistake of doing this years ago. ALL of the discs I stored in wallet type sleeves are wrecked - around 600. For the sake of a few square feet I`d keep them in their cases if I were you.
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

when you say wrecked what actually happened?

How come they got wrecked?

.sjb
Gussy Finknottle

If they are still available i would love to take them off your hands
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Well the ones I've already archived have been recycled as I presumed when you didn't get back to me you didn't want them.

There is plenty more being created though. I have about another 1000 CDs to go through.

How many do you want?

Regards,

John.
Gussy Finknottle

Thank you for your reply
I would take as many as i could get.I would use them for replacing the broken cases of cds in charity shops here in Kerry that i help out in.

Apologies for not getting back to you earlier last week but was out of the country for a little while
bod

Post by bod »

Re: Wrecked!

The bit of the disc that`s exposed (kind of "V" shaped bit in the wallets) slowly rots over time. Due to humidity etc. I reckon. All of the discs I stored in those wallets suffered from the same problem. Most of them still play ok but the error correction is probably working overtime to deal with it as some of them skip like crazy so are essentially ruined imo.
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

bod wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:33 am Re: Wrecked!

The bit of the disc that`s exposed (kind of "V" shaped bit in the wallets) slowly rots over time. Due to humidity etc. I reckon. All of the discs I stored in those wallets suffered from the same problem. Most of them still play ok but the error correction is probably working overtime to deal with it as some of them skip like crazy so are essentially ruined imo.
This is what I'm using

https://www.discoguard.com/en/cd-dvd-sl ... t-cd-inlay

so hopefully I won't have the same issues as there is no part of the CD exposed to the air and I'm going to keep them in sealed plastic boxes (when I locate the correct size!).

Thanks for the feedback, none the less.

John